We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Holiday Get-Together Step by Step
Want to have a fun holiday get-together with friends and family? Avoid a large, expensive party and offer an informal open house instead. This can be a more frugal holiday get-together where you offer hot beverages and finger foods and holiday cookies for refreshments.
You can set up non-alcoholic Hot Sips bars in various spots throughout the designated area for food and drink. Provide coffee and flavored creams at one table, perhaps, and hot cocoa with various toppers at another. Hot spiced cider and hot teas of various types are other options.
Decide How, When, Where, Etc.
So, how to go about planning and preparing for this fun festivity? Let’s list some important things to consider.
1. Choose a date and time when you expect your guests would be available. You’ll probably want to hold open house for about 4 to 6 hours so there’s plenty of time for people to stop by.
2. Decide on the wording for your invitations. Be kind to your guests and let them have the information they need. For example, state whether it will be a casual holiday get-together, a costumed event, or a more formal party. Be welcoming and let them know that you hope to see them, whether for just a little while or for as long as they want to chat.
3. Think of what kinds of drinks and finger foods you want to provide. You may want to set up two or three drink stations so that there’s not a long wait for drinks.
Finger snacks might include a selection of cheeses and crackers, sliced nut bread, and cookies. Simple and easy preparation plus good taste is what you want. In an informal situation, nice disposable dishes and several widely placed wastebaskets are worthy of consideration.
4. Make sure the house is superbly clean throughout. If some areas are to be kept off-limits, whether for privacy reasons or for safety, close and mark the doors with a nice sign. It is an open house, after all, and people will want to wander.
5. Make sure plenty of supplies that might be needed are available in each of the bathrooms.
6. Tuck away any expensive breakables for safety.
7.Decorate the house for the season. Create a playlist for ambiance.
8. If necessary, either warn the neighbors about the parking and other inconveniences, or perhaps even invite them to stop by.
9. Be sure to corral and protect both pets and small children.
10. And finally, consider reigning over your holiday get-together with attention-grabbing piece of holiday headgear, so guests can easily locate their hosts when needed.
Enjoy Your Results
After these ten steps are done, hopefully you can relax and enjoy time spent with friends and family. The after affair cleanup should be fairly quick and easy, you’ve hopefully had lots of fun, and your social debts should be caught up for the year!